LOGANVILLE — St. John Lutheran Church in Loganville is celebrating its 160th anniversary this year.
On June 7, 1857, the congregation was organized under the leadership of Rev. Karl Beckel. After initially worshiping in the public school house, the first church building was erected near the site of the present St. John cemetery on Sunrise Road. It was dedicated on April 30, 1865. Thirty years later it was decided to build a new house of worship in the village of Loganville. Dedicated on Aug. 23, 1896, this building continues to serve the congregation to the present day.
The congregation will be marking its anniversary, as well as the 500th anniversary of the Reformation, with the presentation “Luther and the Reformation” by guest speaker Rev. Dr. Paul L. Maier at 12:15 p.m. Sunday at the Voyageur Inn, 200 Viking Drive, Reedsburg.
All are welcome. For more information, call 608-727-2000.