Sauk County voters will be asked this fall whether they want state lawmakers to create a nonpartisan procedure for redrawing political districts.
The Sauk County Board voted 21-10 Tuesday night to conduct a countywide advisory referendum on the matter in the Nov. 6 election. Supervisors who voted against placing the question on local ballots were as follows:
• District 1 Supervisor Wally Czuprynko of Lake Delton
• District 3 Supervisor Chuck Whitsell of Wisconsin Dells
• District 8 Supervisor John Deitrich of Reedsburg
• District 9 Supervisor Tommy Lee Bychinski of Reedsburg
• District 10 Supervisor Marty Krueger of Reedsburg
• District 12 Supervisor David Moore of Wisconsin Dells
• District 21 Supervisor Chuck Spencer of Baraboo
• District 25 Supervisor Brian Peper of Loganville
• District 26 Supervisor Brandon Lohr of Prairie du Sac
• District 30 Supervisor Donna Stehling of Sauk City
See Thursday’s edition of the Baraboo News Republic for full coverage.