{{featured_button_text}}
Menards

Menards, 121 Frances Lane, was closed on Tuesday morning after the gas main that supplies the store was struck by a contractor. The store reopened after the resulting gas leak was remedied.

Menards in Beaver Dam was closed Tuesday morning for a couple hours after the gas main that supplies the store was struck by a contractor.

According to a press release from the Beaver Dam Fire Department, it responded at 7:50 a.m. to the store at 121 Frances Lane. A contractor called in the report saying it struck a gas main that supplies the Menards store.

The contractor, Full Range Maintenance of Oshkosh, was using a backhoe when it stuck the gas main. The contractor was working on an upgrade to the entrance to the lumber yard at the time of the incident.

The Menards store was evacuated, and closed during the leak.

Alliant Energy also responded.

Alliant Energy and the Beaver Dam Fire Department monitored the air for explosive limits during the incident.

Alliant Energy was able to stop the leak in less than an hour.

Menards was able to open for business shortly after the leak was stopped.

The investigation into how the leak occurred was handled by Alliant Energy.

Follow Terri Pederson on Twitter @tlp53916 or contact her at 920-356-6760.

(0) comments

Welcome to the discussion.

We welcome reader interaction. What are your questions about this article? Do you have an idea to share? Please stick to the topic and maintain a respectful attitude toward other participants. (You can help: Use the 'Report' link to let us know of off-topic or offensive posts.)