{{featured_button_text}}
Horicon fire

HORICON – Horicon Fire Department responded to a chimney fire at 7063 East St., Thursday around 7:30 p.m. The fire displaced two people.

HORICON – Horicon Fire Department responded to a chimney fire at 7063 East St., Thursday around 7:30 p.m.

Horicon Fire Chief Mark Tesch said Gary Wille, who resides at the house called 911. Wille and Julie Wade, the other resident of the home, were outside with their two dogs when the fire department arrived on the scene.

“They said that they heard something that didn’t sound right and noticed smoke in the upstairs rooms and thought it might be a chimney fire,” Tesch said.

Crews that arrived at the home noticed heavy smoke coming from the attic and upstairs. They made entry and found a fire on the second floor and quickly put it out. Tesch said that limited water was used in order to prevent freezing on the roadways.

Keep reading for FREE!
Enjoy more articles by signing up or logging in. No credit card required.

“The fire was quickly put out but the house sustained a fair amount of smoke and fire damage,” Tesch said.

The family should be able to eventually return to the home, Tesch said, but are displaced for now.

Assisting at the scene were Juneau Fire, Mayville Fire, Burnett Fire, Kekoskee Fire, Fox Lake Fire, Theresa Fire, Dodge County Sheriff’s Office, Horicon EMS and Alliant Energy.

Follow Terri Pederson on Twitter @tlp53916 or contact her at 920-356-6760.

(0) comments

Welcome to the discussion.

We welcome reader interaction. What are your questions about this article? Do you have an idea to share? Please stick to the topic and maintain a respectful attitude toward other participants. (You can help: Use the 'Report' link to let us know of off-topic or offensive posts.)