{{featured_button_text}}
Lake Road house fire

Fire destroyed the home owned by Richard and Patty Hiley on Lake Road in the town of Westford Thursday morning.  

TOWN OF WESTFORD — A fire destroyed a house on Beaver Dam Lake Thursday morning.

Fox Lake Fire Department responded to a report of a structure fire around 9:30 a.m. at N8908 Lake Road.

Fire chief Aaron Paul said the fire at the single family home, owned by Richard and Patty Hiley, was fully involved when the FLFD arrived.

“No one was home at the time,” Paul said. “I would consider the home a complete loss.”

He said the home is valued at $240,000, and estimated the contents to be worth $75,000.

Paul said the cause may be a gas leak ignited by a spark. Crews from Alliant Energy and Adams County Electric were at the scene.

Keep reading for FREE!
Enjoy more articles by signing up or logging in. No credit card required.

Mutual aid was provided by Fox Lake EMS and fire departments from Randolph, Beaver Dam, Cambria, Fall River, Juneau, Friesland and Waupun. Paul said Juneau supplied a rapid intervention team and other fire departments supplied manpower.

“They (Juneau Rapid Intervention Team) set up to go inside for a rescue,” Paul said.

No fire fighters were injured while fighting the blaze.

Because Lake Road is a dead end, other departments came with water tenders.

Fox Lake firefighters were at the scene for at least three hours.

(0) comments

Welcome to the discussion.

We welcome reader interaction. What are your questions about this article? Do you have an idea to share? Please stick to the topic and maintain a respectful attitude toward other participants. (You can help: Use the 'Report' link to let us know of off-topic or offensive posts.)