Try 1 month for 99¢

Residents of Pine Glen Senior Apartments in Prairie du Sac were evacuated around 9 p.m. Sept. 7 after the Prairie du Sac Fire Department responded to a call of a possible gas leak at the facility.

Sauk Prairie Police and Sauk Prairie Ambulance EMTs were called to assist. According to Lt. Bob Koch of the Prairie du Sac Fire Department, Alliant Energy was called, but the call was cancelled by the fire department after the source of the gas smell was discovered to be coming from a vehicle leaking gasoline in the facility’s underground parking garage.

Firefighters pushed the vehicle to the outdoor parking lot, and the owner was advised to repair. Firefighters ventilated the garage and soaked up the spill. Residents were able to return after the area was deemed safe.

Follow Autumn Luedke on Twitter @Apwriter1 or contact at (608) 393-5777

Reporter, Sauk Prairie Eagle